Dilkush !!! Eggie version...
After the eggless post of Dilkush , the irani cafe's delicacy ...here is the same with the egg version for all the Non-vegetarians or the egg lovers..
With egg or without the taste and the flavors remains the same ...
Apologizes for the not so good pics...
- Lukewarm water : 2/3 cup
- Butter : 1 1/2 tbsp
- All purpose flour / Maida : 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour /Atta : 1cup
- Sugar : 1 tbsp
- Salt : 1/2 tsp
- Instant yeast : 1 tsp
- Egg 1( 1 more additional for egg wash )
- Shredded coconut : 3/4 cup
- Tutti frutti / raisins & cashews/ Almonds chopped : 1 cup
- A pinch cardamon powder, few drops of vanilla essence , a drop of food color ( red or orange )
- Sugar : 2 tbsp
- Add warm milk , egg , butter , sugar , salt the risen yeast and mix well.
- Add flour to the mixture and knead well for 10 mins until the dough is smooth.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl for an hour or until doubled the size , covering with a damp cloth ..to prevent the crust from forming.
- After an hour knock down the air and knead for a min..
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts and roll into 1/2 inch thick discs/ chapati like..
- Place one disc on the baking sheet lined with a parchment paper.
- Spread the filling evenly leaving an inch over the borders.
- Brush the outer edges with a thin coat of egg.
- Cover with the second disc and seal the edges by pressing with a fork and keep aside for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins brush the top with egg and make slits on top for the steam to escape ( i made something like a star )
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °c for 20 to 25 mins or until u see a golden brown crust..
- Once baked , remove and cool it completely on a wire rack.
Yumm Yumm ready to hit the Tumm !!!