Instant Tomato pickle !!!
Tomato pickle ...this is so spicy, tangy n flavorful.. can be made in no time ...
It is perfect for those times when you crave for something spicy...moreover this takes only a couple of spoons of oil unlike those pickles that are drowned in oil ...
When i tasted this for the first time at my sister's place i was blown away with its bursting flavors !!!
So here is the same for my bloggers ...
- 4 Medium Tomatoes diced
- 3 Dry red chillies broken into pieces
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp cumin and fenugreek powder
- 1tbsp Mustard seed powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds / Methi seeds
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder / to taste ( i used Tikka lal that is red in color but less hot )
- Salt to taste
- Firstly dry roast 1tbsp of cumin seeds and Fenugreek seeds on medium flame ..until golden ..cool them n grind into powder ..
- Grind a tbsp mustard seeds seperately n set aside as well...
- Now in a pan add oil ..once warm add mustard seeds , cumin seeds , Methi seeds and red chillies ...allow the seeds to pop..
- Later add in the Tomatoes and Ginger garlic paste...(i add them together to avoid the paste from sticking to the pan )..
- Mix n cook until tomatoes turn mushy n raw smell from ginger garlic paste is gone..
- Next add in the turmeric powder, stir well..
- Now add the red chilli powder, cumin n methi powder , mustard powder and salt .
- Stir well n cook until oil starts oozing out..
- Stir once again n adjust the seasoning if it requires any..
- If u r tomatoes are not that tangy like mine u can add a 1/8 tsp of citric acid in the last..
- Now turn off the heat n serve with hot rice along with papad ...