Mota sev / Bhujia !!! Karapoosa!!!
So posting one of the savory types known as Mota sev in hindi and Karapoosa in telugu..a perfect snack for all..so crispy..crunchy n light ...moreover it does not absorb any oil..
Enough of intro i guess ..so lets proceed to the process of making...:) :)
- 2 cups Besan / Gram flour
- 1 cup Rice flour
- 1/4 cup hot oil to mix with flours
- 2 tsp carom seeds / Ajwain (optional )
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / Jeera
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed to make sticky dough..
- Oil for deep frying...
- In a wide bowl add the gram flour , rice flour , chilli powder , salt n mix well..
- Now add the 1/4 cup of really hot oil n mix well..
- Next add in the carom seeds and cumin seeds n mix well..
- Now keep adding water little by little a knead a sticky dough...(Add a little dough to the sev press or murukku maker n press on a plate if it falls easily then the dough is right ...if not add a little water n keep checking...)
- I added around 1 1/2 cup of water to get desired consistency..as all the flours quality is different ..add water accordingly..
- Now add the dough to the murukku or sev maker n press into hot oil...
- Fry this until golden n remove on a paper towel..
- Once cooled break into pieces and store in an airtight container..
- Cherish till the stock lasts...:) :)