Sesame Laddus / Nuvvula undalu !!!
Sankranti isn't complete without the Sesame Laddu's / Nuvvula Undalu..
These earthy goddies have always been hard on the teeth and as i grow older, I have been nervous about biting into them.
I always wondered how the store bought ones were so easy to eat ..
So my joy was endless when my experiment for these Laddus succeeded!
I could not wait any longer to share this with u guys and its perfect time too...
It takes as less as 2 to 4 mins depending on your microwave...
So lets begin the procedure without further delay...
Step wise pictures provided below for easy reference....
- 1 cup white sesame seeds (roasted golden )
- 1/3 cup Jaggery ( broken into fine pieces )
- 1/8 cup Golden syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp ghee (to apply on palms while rolling )
- Roast the sesame seeds golden n set aside to cool down...
- In a microwave safe bowl add the jaggery, Golden syrup and water .Stir well and microwave on high for a minute..
- (My microwave is 800 watts so the timing might differ more or less according to watts.)
- Remove and stir ..
- Now microwave again for a min on high..
- The syrup reaches hard ball consistency at this time..
- To check this, in a bowl of water( at room temp )put a big drop of the syrup..
- Roll it between your fingers and drop it on the counter top ..
- It should be hard consistency , resulting in making a small sound..
- Now the syrup is perfect ..add in the roasted sesame seeds and mix well into the syrup..
- Grease your palms with ghee and roll the laddu's..
- Set aside on a greased plate for couple of hours..