Green moong matar kebab !
Hara moong and matar kebab are a perfect snack and starter recipe to entertain huge crowd. These are Simple yet nutritious fritters. Green moong are packed with protein and low on carbs, it is one of the best vegetarian superfoods that provides good source of protein as well.
- Soak the green moong dal in enough water for an hour .
- Thaw the peas and dry them on a paper towel.
- Drain the water from the dal add it to a blender jar along with green chillies and peas. Grind them into into a coarse yet thick batter without adding any water.
- Transfer it to a large bowl and add mint, coriander, onions, cumin powder, garam masala powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, besan and mix well such that every ingredient incorporates well. Adjust salt as per taste and mix all nicely.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a deep pan for frying.
- Wet your palms with water, scoop a spoon full of batter on to your palm and shape it to a round flat kebab.
- Slowly add it to the hot oil and fry on low to medium heat until golden on both sides.
- Similarly shape rest of the batter for kebabs and deep fry from both sides till brown in colour.
- Drain the fried kebabs on to a paper towel.
- Serve them hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- Yummy and nutritious kebabs for a cozy evening !